YVC is proud is serve all U.S. Veterans and their families. We appreciate and thank you for your service to our country. Whether you are a
new student, a
returning student, or a
transfer student, here are some things to consider when applying to YVC.
All of your college transcripts (including your
Joint Service Transcripts) need to be submitted to YVC as part of the application process. Allow two to four weeks for your transcripts to be evaluated. To prevent overpayment of VA Benefits, it is highly recommended to have your transcripts evaluated before you begin classes.
Getting Started Guide provided on the
YVC Veterans website. You will also find other important information, including information on the GI Bill and helpful links and contact information for veterans benefits.
Military Credit Acceptance
At YVC, we use the following guidelines to ensure every veteran receives the maximum amount of college credit for military training.
- YVC uses the American Council on Education (ACE) "A Guide to the Evaluation of Educational Experiences in the Armed Services". ACE translates military courses and occupations into academic credit recommendations, and provides guidelines to interpret and recommend credit for college courses.
- YVC accepts ACE military recommendations for both the amount of credit suggested and the level of the credit recommended (upper or lower division credit), under the following circumstances:
- The military course must match a required course listed in the student veteran's area or certificate/degree of pursuit.
- One-third of all certificates/degrees must be earned at YVC, so no more than two-thirds of credit can come from other sources, including military credit.
- ACE credits that do not match any courses in any certificate/degree of pursuit will be accepted as elective credits when possible.
For a list of military courses that match YVC college courses please visit our transferring college credits page.
YVC also provides a paper version of our Military Credit Acceptance Guidelines.