Sign In
yvcc admissions


I received an email stating I was accepted as a student at YVCC. Will I also receive an acceptance letter in the mail?
Yes. The day after you receive the email, an official Letter of Acceptance will be mailed to your address. Please allow 3-5 days for delivery. The letter will also be accompanied by a checklist to help guide you through the entire enrollment process.

I applied online to YVCC and have not heard anything back. How long should a decision take?
Students typically hear back a few days after submitting the application fee. If it has been longer than a week, check with admissions to verify your payment has been received.  

I received a different placement from another school’s placement tests. Can I use that placement instead of the placement YVCC recommends?
YVCC will accept a placement from another Washington State Community or Technical College. Students that qualify for placement test reciprocity should complete the Placement Reciprocity Request Form. The form should be submitted to the Registration and Records Office once the official scores from the previous Washington State Community or Technical College have been received by YVCC.

What does my residency status mean?
Resident – you are classified as a resident for tuition paying purposes.
Non-resident (Non-res) w/waiver – you are classified as a non-resident. A portion of the non-resident tuition has been waived and you will pay a reduced rate of the non-resident tuition (must be a U.S. citizen or permanent resident).
Non-resident – you are classified as a non-resident and your tuition is the full non-resident rate.

Do I have to pay tuition if I have applied for a change in my residency status?
Yes. Check the Important Dates for tuition due dates. If your status has not been changed by the tuition due date, you are responsible for paying the full tuition amount. You may be eligible for a delayed payment. Contact the registrar at 509-574-4702.

How can I change my residency status?
• Submit the Residency Questionnaire and all required documentation to the Admissions Office in the Deccio building.
• You must apply to change residency status before the 30th calendar day of the quarter.
• Applications received after the 30th day will be considered for the following quarter.

 How can I Plan and Prepare for College?
Click on this link to access Ready. Set. Grad.

Yakima Campus

S.16th Ave & Nob Hill Blvd.
Yakima, WA 98902

Grandview Campus

500 West Main Street
Grandview, WA 98930-1284


Para más información
Yakima: 509.574.4601
Grandview: 509.882.7000

We're available


Mailing Address P.O. Box 22520 Yakima, WA 98907-2520
© 2015 Yakima Valley Community College | All rights reserved.