Adult Basic Education / Basic Skills
Yakima Valley College offers programs designed to assist adults in acquiring the basic skills necessary to be successful in today's society. The primary emphasis of YVC's
Basic Skills Programs are to improve English language skills, computer technology skills, and basic reading, writing, and math.
Basic Skills Programs have the opportunity to:
- Take English as a second language
- Participate in Integrated Basic Education and Skills Training
- Prepare for and take the GED examination
- Complete their high school diploma
- Gain skills needed to find employment
Students interested in enrolling in Basic Skills programs should contact the Basic Skills Division at (509) 574-6850. Learning Centers are available in Yakima, Grandview, Sunnyside, Toppenish, and Ellensburg.