- A cumulative college level GPA of 2.7 or higher.
- Complete prerequisite courses with a minimum of 2.0 GPA.
It is acceptable to repeat a course in order to receive the required GPA. However, a student will not be considered eligible if he/she failed to receive a 2.0 on the 2nd attempt, or repeat 3 or more of the prerequisite classes. A student has the option to submit a letter of appeal if extenuating circumstances influenced unsatisfactory grade(s).] If a course is repeated, the course grade will be averaged for point calculation.
- Higher division courses may be substituted at the discretion of the program coordinator.
- Courses may be taken at the educational institution of the student's choice.
- It is the student's responsibility to contact us and obtain the course equivalencies to your institution (Community College, College, or University).
- Courses marked with [ * ] must be satisfactorily completed within 5 years prior to selection.
- Of the eight (8) prerequisite courses, the following six (6) MUST be completed by the end of spring quarter.
Biol& 160* - General Biology (C+ or better required by YVCC)
Chem& 100* - Preparatory Chemistry Or one year high school equivalent
ENGL 102 - English Composition II
AH 119* - Medical Terminology (minimum of 4 credits) For exceptions, a Challenge Test is available. Contact RT Office @574-4932.
Math 093* (or higher) - Intermediate Algebra Essentials
Biol& 241* - Human Anatomy & Physiology I
- The remaining two (2) prerequisites, MUST be completed by the end of fall quarter following program acceptance.
CMST& 220 - (Speech 100) Intro to Public Speaking OR CMST& 101 - (Speech 105) Intro to Communication
Biol& 242* - Human Anatomy/Physiology II
It is to the students advantage to complete all prerequisites prior to program start date.