What must be completed by the application deadline?
1. You must have applied to Yakima Valley College, paid the $30.00 application fee, and been accepted. This applies to any student who has not attended YVC in four quarters previous to an application deadline. Special conditions apply if you have attended summer quarter at YVC. You may need to still submit an application to the college and pay the application fee, as summer quarter enrollment does not always require an application. This must be completed minimally 4 weeks before the nursing application deadline.
- To apply for admissions to YVC, visit the Admissions home page. Please pay attention to the important dates and deadlines. You may follow this link : YVC Admissions Department
2. Your transcripts must be complete in the evaluation process. Every effort is made by the transcript evaluator to complete transcript evaluations in a timely manner. Official transcripts submitted to the college are evaluated in the order for which they are received, therefore to be assured of official transcript evaluation for admission to the nursing program we ask that you allow up to 4 weeks for transcript evaluation. In some cases, an evaluation of transcripts may take longer than 4 weeks. This occurs when additional information is requested from the Admissions department.
3. The TEAS test must be completed one week prior to the application deadline day. You may take the test at YVC, or at a regional testing center. If you test at a regional testing center or location other than YVC, you will be required to have ATI forward your TEAS transcript to the YVC Nursing Department. If you take the TEAS at YVC, we have the ability to look your score up. We cannot accept test scores directly from students. Information regarding the TEAS may be found on our TEAS link.
What needs to be included with my application?
1. If you wish to be awarded points for licensure, you must include a copy of your active license. If your license is contingent upon job status, you will also need to provide proof of employment. Expired licenses, and/or test results will not be accepted. You may follow this link to the Department of Health website to print a copy of your credential.
2. Include whatever immunizations you have to date. You do not need to have them all completed, however if accepted, there is a small amount of time for you to complete these requirements.
3. Include a copy of your CPR card if you have it. We only accept the American Heart Association card for the Health Care Provider. If you do not have a CPR card, it will not prevent your application from being reviewed. If you are accepted, we will provide you with a timeline with which to obtain one in.
For your convenience we have created the YVC Nursing application as a PDF file that you may type your information into. A few of the pages are left blank intentionally for those that duplex print. (front to back).
All applicants are notified regarding acceptance, or denial, no later then the end of the month directly following an application deadline date. (IE, June 30th applicants are notified no later than the end of July. etc.)
Letters are mailed to the address on the application. It is the sole responsibility of the applicant to ensure the accuracy of the address on file with the nursing department.
Where do I send my application?
If mailing, applications are sent to:
P.O. Box 22520
Yakima, WA 98907-2520
Students may also hand deliver their applications to the Nursing Department. We are located in the Sundquist Building (# 21), Room S141.
All completed applications, TEAS results, and officially evaluated transcripts are due in the nursing department, no later than 12 noon on each application deadline date.
Official transcripts received to the college and nursing program the week prior to a deadline will most likely not be received in time for an official evaluation.
Applicants are notified by mail, no later than the end of the following month. I.e., end of February, October and July.
Due to the amount of time involved with reviewing all applications, we ask that you please not call to inquire about your application status until after the end of the following month.
Nursing Application.pdf This application is used for all application deadlines
In the event that the June 30th application deadline falls on a Friday , Saturday or Sunday, the application will be due the Thursday before. YVC is not open for business on Friday's during the summer months.