Nursing Application 2016F.pdf This application is used for all application deadlines
For your convenience we have created the YVCC Nursing application as a PDF file that you may type your information into. A few of the pages are left blank intentionally for those that duplex print. (front to back).
Where do I send my application?
If mailing, applications are sent to: Nursing- P.O. Box 22520, Yakima, WA 98907-2520
What must be completed by the application deadline?
1. You must have applied to Yakima Valley Community College, paid the $30.00 application fee, and been accepted. This applies to any student who has not attended YVCC in three quarters previous to an application deadline.
2. Your transcripts must be complete in the evaluation process. While every effort is made to complete transcript evaluations in a timely manner, transcripts that arrive within 2 days of a deadline may not make the review process. We do ask that you allow up to 4 weeks for transcript evaluation.
3. The TEAS test must be completed by 4 PM on application deadline day. You may take the test at YVCC, or at a regional testing center. If you test at a regional testing center, you will be required to have ATI forward your TEAS transcript to the YVCC Nursing Department. If you take the TEAS at YVCC, we have the ability to look your score up. We cannot accept test scores directly from students. Information regarding the TEAS may be found on our TEAS link.
What needs to be included with my application?
1. If you are wanting to be awarded points for licensure, you must include a copy of your active license. Expired licenses, and/or test results will not count. You may follow this link to the Department of Health website to print a copy of your credential.
2. Include whatever immunizations you have to date. You do not need to have them all completed, however if accepted, there is a marginal amount of time to complete what is needed, and having an idea of what that is helps us, help you complete these on time.
3. Include a copy of your CPR card if you have it. We are only accepting the American Heart Association card for the Health Care Provider. If you do not have a CPR card, it will not prevent your application from being reviewed. If you are accepted, we will provide you with a timeline with which to obtain one in.