CHRISIVY, ARNP LOCATED IN LYON HALL ROOM 114 574-4906 OFFICE
- Cost: Pay for all immunizations and TB testing at YVCC Cashiers office "prior" to injection. Cashiers' office is located in the Deccio Higher Education Center first floor. We do not bill nor will we administer any immunization or test without payment. Your physician may administer your immunizations and can bill your insurance. Public is welcomed.
- Tuberculosis (TB) PPD Testing: $10.00 (2 step the first year; $5.00- 1 step the second year). Persons who have had a PPD test are required to come back to the immunization clinic in 48-72 hours for a reading of the PPD test. All YVCC Allied Health Programs require a one time two-step PPD test to establish a base line. The second PPD test is administered in 1 to 3 weeks after the first. Again, you would have to come back to the immunization clinic in 48-72 hours for reading of the second PPD test (You will see the nurse 4 times for a two-step). If you have or have had a positive PPD test, a chest x-ray is required for YVCC student to demonstrate no active Tuberculosis. YVCC requires anyone who had a positive PPD to sign a yearly screening form that testifies that they have had no tuberculosis symptoms since their last Chest X-Ray. Once the student has a positive PPD skin test, no further skin tests are done since once positive, always positive. A person, who has been exposed to tuberculosis, must have a repeat of the PPD Test.
- Tetanus (Td): $20.00 (Pertusus - add to Td Highly Recommended- $35.00). Tetanus is usually done every 10 years. However, Allied Health Programs at YVCC require a Tetanus booster to be given in the last 8 years to cover the student while in 1-2 years in the program.
- Rubeola ($30.00), Mumps ($55.70 & Rubella ($31.00) You Cannot Be Pregnant And Must Not Become Pregnant For The Next Month. Adults born prior to 1957 are considered immune, but MMR titers are required. Adults born in 1957 or later should have received at least two doses of MMR in a life time. In addition, MMR Titers are required within the last 5-10 years. The titer tests will tell you if you have antibodies from previous exposure; if so, no further MMR immunizations are required. If titers for Measles (Rubeola), Mumps, and Rubella do not prove immunity, one MMR injection is required. The Immunization Clinic Nurse Practitioner can write a prescription for MMR Titers to be taken to a local laboratory. The cost for MMR titers are ~$106.00.
- Hepatitis B (Hep B): $55.00 each. Three injections are required over a six month period. The second dose must be at least one month after the first dose; the third dose is administered 6 month after the first. Documentation must be in the student's file, proving the first two injections have been completed prior to the first Clinical Procedure Lab. The third injection must be scheduled and received prior to externship. Hepatitis B injections can be further apart. For example, if you had one injection five years ago, you would pick up where you left off.
- Hepatitis A (Hep A): $60.00 each. Currently not required, but strongly recommended for all health care professionals. Two injections are required. The second one must be at least 6 months after the first one. Yakima is a high risk area for Hep. A.
- Varicella (Chicken Pox): $95.00 each. You Cannot Be Pregnant And Must Not Become Pregnant For The Next Month. YVCC Allied Health students must provide proof of Varicella immunization, titer, or signed a form testifying that the student has had chicken pox. If there is no history of having neither chicken pox nor Varicella Immunizations; then two Varicella injections are required 4-6 weeks apart. If the student has had chicken pox, they must sign a form testifying that they have a history of Varicella. The Varicella screening form is kept in the Immunization Clinic. The Immunization Clinic nurse practitioner can write a prescription for Varicella Titers to be taken to a local laboratory. The cost of the Varicella titer is ~ $64.00.
Other immunizations that may be available at the Immunization Clinic:
- Polio: $25.00 each. 1-3 injections. 2nd 1-2 months after first. Third injections 6-12 months after 2nd injection.
- Meningococcal: $90.00. I will special order if I have 5 students who request this vaccine.