Dental Assisting is a collaborative program with the Yakima Valley Technical Skills Center.
Students completing this one-year certificate program will train for a wide variety of dental office functions. Upon completion, dental assisting students are prepared to pass the Dental Assisting National Board's Infection Control Exam and the Radiation Health Safety Exam.
Beside classes at YV Tech, students complete YVCC courses required for all certificate programs.
YVTECH Dental Assisting
Dental Assisting students are admitted fall quarter, subject to the number of qualified students and space available.
Students must have:
- high school diploma or GED
- eligibility for English 101, Math 085 on Compass Exam
- completed a YVCC application and payment of the application fee
- completed a YVCC Dental Assisting application
- immunization for Hepatitis B, measles-mumps, rubella, tetanus, and tuberculosis skin test
Gainful Employment Data
The US Department of Education requires colleges to disclose specific information for any financial aid eligible program that
Prepares students for gainful employment in a recognized occupation.
This information includes costs, program length, on-time completion rates, job placement rates, average loan debt incurred by students, and career information.
Gainful Employment Program Information