- Apply-for Admission & Financial Aid:
- If not already admitted to YVCC, a completed application for admission to the college must be submitted.
- Complete your FAFSA on-line at fafsa.gov
2. Assess Your Skills: Take a COMPASS Exam. COMPASS exams are approximately 2-1/2 hours in length, test for readiness, and assist in placement in English and Mathematics classes. The cost is $20.00, and a photo ID and your social security number is required. More information and dates/times/locations can be obtained by contacting the Counseling Center at (509) 574-4956
For entry into core classes, you must obtain the following COMPASS Exam scores:
• Writing- The student must have received a score of 82 on the Writing section of the COMPASS examination, or have completed English 095 with a C or better.
• Reading- The student must have received a score of 78 on the Reading section of the COMPASS examination, or have completed English 081T with a C or better.
• Math- The student must have received a score of 46 or better on the Pre-Algebra section of the COMPASS examination or have completed Math 050 with a C or better.
• Students receiving scores lower than those listed above must complete developmental courses prior to admission into the program.
3. Connect with your Advisor
- Select your program of study
- Review your COMPASS scores with your advisor
- Explore career pathways
- Create an educational plan personalized to your needs
4. Register for classes in person or on-line at:
5. Pay tuition and fees, purchase your books, and . . . Get Started!