1. Apply-for Admission & Financial Aid:
- If not already admitted to YVC, a completed application for admission to the college must be submitted.
- Complete your FAFSA on-line at fafsa.gov
2. Assess Your Skills: Take a PLACEMENT Exam (such as COMPASS) or receive PLACEMENT through transfer courses or other means. PLACEMENT exams are approximately 2-1/2 hours in length, test for readiness, and assist in placement in English and Mathematics classes. The cost is $20.00, and a photo ID and your social security number is required. More information and dates/times/locations can be obtained by contacting the Counseling Center at (509) 574-4956
3. Connect-With your Advisor: Review your PLACEMENT scores with your advisor, explore career pathways, select your program of study. Create an educational plan personalized to your needs. Meet with your advisor each quarter to receive registration information and other important information related to achieving your goals.
4. Register: Register for classes in person or on-line at: http://www.yvcc.edu/registration/Pages/default.aspx . Pay tuition and fees, purchase your books, and . . . Get Started! For more information about Allied Health programs at Yakima Valley College, contact: Tami Rich, Program asst.,(509) 574-4913 or email: email@example.com