G.S. Long Company
Full Time Internship
The Herbfarm - Head Gardener
Washington State Department of Agriculture
There are at least six open positions with the Department of Agriculture, Department of Employment Security and the Department of Labor and Industries that have been open for a while. These agricultural-related positions that require applicants to be bilingual in Spanish and English. Please share this information with your network and have qualified applicants apply at careers.wa.gov
Department of Labor and Industries
· Agricultural Safety Technical Specialist in Tumwater or Yakima ($4,340.00 - $5,701.00 Monthly) - As the Agricultural Safety Technical Specialist you'll help keep Washington safe and working by providing technical assistance on the agriculture industry to internal Division of Occupational Safety and Health (DOSH) staff, employers, affiliated associations and other stakeholder groups. You'll impact the safety culture in Washington State's agriculture industry from orchards, dairies, aquaculture, etc. This is your opportunity to use your experience of occupational safety and health or industrial hygiene to influence change in the agriculture industry and community.
· Bilingual Outreach Specialist ($4,340.00 - $6,137.00 Monthly)- As the Safety and Health Outreach Specialist, you'll assists with development of criteria for DOSH worker safety and health outreach and perform outreach in order to impact long term change in injury and illness prevention. You'll conduct workplace safety and health outreach activities among associations and organizations that support the Hispanic workforce statewide. You'll participate in direct Hispanic workplace safety and health outreach and training, including meeting with and presenting to employers, labor groups, stakeholders, community organizations, and staff DOSH Education & Outreach booths at various workplace safety and health events throughout the state.
Department of Agriculture
· Administrative Assistant 3 in Yakima ($2,676.00 - $3,478.00 monthly) - This position works with other Program Specialists to assist agricultural operations, small businesses, public entities and individuals with disposal of unusable agricultural and commercial grade pesticides. In addition, this position works together with other Farmworker Education Specialists, including a supervisor, to conduct mostly Spanish language training courses to agricultural employees.
· Pesticide Disposal/Farmworker Education Specialist ($3,740.00 - $4,913.00 monthly) - This is for an Administrative Assistant 3 serving the Farmworker Education Program (FEP) and the Waste Pesticide Disposal Program (WPDP). This position will provide all the administrative support needs for the two programs. Both of these programs provide services to the agricultural industry that ensure the safe and legal use and disposal of pesticides.
Department of Employment Security
· State Monitor Advocate ($59,904.00 - $72,000.00 Annually) - The Employment Security Department (ESD) is recruiting for a State Monitor Advocate (SMA). This position ensures Migrant and seasonal farmworkers (MSFWs) are provided with equitable services offered by the WorkSource System while leveraging partnerships at the local, state, and national level that serve the interests of MSFWs. This role is critical to Washington given the agricultural industry's significant role in the state's economy and demographic composition – Washington State is second only to California in total agricultural employment.
· Migrant and Seasonal Farmworker (MSFW) Outreach Specialist ($36,096.00 - $47,208.00 Annually) - During the agricultural season (typically February through late November), this position is responsible for: conducting in/out-office and outreach services to limited English proficient job seekers, primarily MSFWs; providing assistance to growers, food processers and non-agricultural employers to find suitable workers in a time-critical environment; helping MSFWs and their families to get jobs and understand the employer requirements; and assisting with re-employment services to unemployment insurance claimants who are limited English proficient. This position will communicate effectively in person, via telephone and in writing in Spanish and English while performing the duties of this position.
Ignacio Marquez | Community Liaison
Office of the Director | Washington State Department of Agriculture
21 N. 1st Ave., Suite 103 | Yakima WA 98902
Office: 509.249.6970 |
WSDA Jobs Website - NEW Jobs Posted